1996-12-31 - Anonymous Post Control

Header Data

From: ph@netcom.com (Peter Hendrickson)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: cb208da5c54106d0293e0f75917474034e246f2ff719272c29d4a7520de68a2e
Message ID: <v02140b0caeef4ce75c72@[192.0.2.1]>
Raw Date: Tue, 31 Dec 1996 15:51:53 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: ph@netcom.com (Peter Hendrickson)
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 1996 15:51:53 -0800 (PST)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Anonymous Post Control

It's hard to filter anonymous posters.  I want to see what a few
of them have to say so I can't filter on the remailers.

If anonymous posters PGP sign their posts, it is still hard to filter
using a lame filter software such as that which comes to Eudora.

It would be nice if toad.com would verify signatures and insert a
header into the messages with the PGP User Id of every poster.
Then it would be very easy for many people to filter the messages
using widely available off-the-shelf mail software.

(I volunteer to adapt majordomo for this task if it seems like
a good idea.)

Peter Hendrickson
ph@netcom.com

Thread