1996-12-04 - Re: your mail

Header Data

From: Dave Kinchlea <security@kinch.ark.com>
To: vitamin@best.com
Message Hash: e044cd473e64cf367a067b7bf4f45881880c4d53bfe403576b8ca0951bcb22d6
Message ID: <Pine.LNX.3.95.961202201610.370C-100000@kinch.ark.com>
Reply To: <2.2.16.19961202024920.3fb73e1e@best.com>
UTC Datetime: 1996-12-04 00:35:45 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 3 Dec 1996 16:35:45 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: Dave Kinchlea <security@kinch.ark.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 1996 16:35:45 -0800 (PST)
To: vitamin@best.com
Subject: Re: your mail

Talk to your credit card company, explain to them the whole story,
refuse to pay these unauthorized charges. You should get satisfaction.

The moral here is, however, that nothing beats putting things down on
paper. You SHOULD have sent a letter of cancellation, I'll bet dollars
to donuts that the contract you signed stated that you would send
cancellation notice IN WRITING.

cheers, kinch

On Sun, 1 Dec 1996 vitamin@best.com wrote:

> Date: Sun, 01 Dec 1996 18:49:20 -0800
> From: vitamin@best.com
> To: cypherpunks@toad.com
>

> I apologize if this is off topic.
>
> I received free one month trial in July from Netcom and in mid July I
> canceled my account with
> Netcom due to lousy customer service.  When I called I was treated rudely
> because of
> canceling netcom.   I called again the next day and the person who answered
> the phone
> apologized me for the behaviour of the previous employee and I was told my
> account
> will be canceled.   Low and behold come July I got my credit card statement and
> netcom had billed me.  I promtly called them and was assured that my account
> would
> be cancelled.  Come September I was billed again for August and September.
> Once again I called and she assured me  it would be cancelled.   Again, it
> was not.
> Come October they still billed me.  In my November statement they are still
> billing me.
>
> I prefer L.A.  Better Business Bureau and District Attorney emails and
> physical addresses.
>
> Someone please help me!!!!!
>
> Thank You

Key fingerprint =  CE 54 C3 93 48 C0 74 A0  D5 CA F8 3E F9 A3 0B B7

Thread