1997-01-29 - Re: Fighting the cybercensor

Header Data

From: Sean Roach <roach_s@alph.swosu.edu>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 008f9c1deee98cd0a34f7213e19fb4885767bf8142948d833df074530a4926f9
Message ID: <199701291935.LAA08623@toad.com>
Raw Date: Wed, 29 Jan 1997 11:35:38 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: Sean Roach <roach_s@alph.swosu.edu>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 1997 11:35:38 -0800 (PST)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Fighting the cybercensor

<5ch9f2$cuu@life.ai.mit.edu>...

>> Look, I've proposed what I consider to be a remarkably consistent method to
>> prevent the kind of political tyranny that you criticize, and I don't see
>> any recognition of this fact.
>
>Thats because its a whacko solution that has no credibility
>or consistency.
>
>If anyone tried to set up such a market and a price went out
>on any of the heads of state fantasized about Mr Bell would be
>dead as a doornail in a week.

So you're saying that the system would work.  Mr. bell would be targeted, a
price on his head, for starting that very system.  Mr. Bell would be a
martyr, his system being proven by his own death.  It would be some varient
of his idea that would be used to kill him, a bounty.
I think that the system would work, I also think that it would be easiest to
use by those already in possession of the money.
It would take care of part of our overpopulation problem though...

Thread