1997-01-21 - Hard Drive Encryption

Header Data

From: FrozenHell <fhell@nether.net>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 0710f35827abdff65caff8bbf6f4218b3539f87b5a794d693bda9ff4105014d5
Message ID: <3.0.16.19970120192722.37ef8cbc@mail.nether.net>
Raw Date: Mon, 20 Jan 1997 21:42:00 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: FrozenHell <fhell@nether.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 1997 21:42:00 -0800 (PST)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Hard Drive Encryption

I found a program on the internet called POTASSIUM HYDROXIDE that says it
will encrypt your hard drive... then when ever you turn on your computer it
will request a password before it even accesses your DOS. If you put in the
right password it will load as a TSR that will let your access your
encrypted hard drive.

But I have a Western Digital Caviar Hard Drive and have the use the W.D.
Disk Manager v6.03d that comes with it... this is another program that
loads before your DOS... does anyone know if this program Potassium
Hydroxide will work with W.D. Disk Manager and work under Win 3.11/95. I
don't want to risk gibbling all the info on my hard drive.

 If not does anyone know of a program that will let me encrypt my hard disk
and decrypt it will a password before my DOS is loaded and work with the
above programs of mine.

If it helps I am using DOS 6.21 with Windows 3.11 (  I'm upgrading to `95
soon ;>  )

-FrozenHell (fhell@nether.net)

Thread