1997-01-10 - Private Idaho source code now available

Header Data

From: Joel McNamara <joelm@eskimo.com>
To: pgp-users@rivertown.net
Message Hash: 21cf81780872e573a03d6f910b0ce0f031818ed7317089aec425347737ed3e2d
Message ID: <3.0.32.19970110072140.00d1320c@mail.eskimo.com>
Raw Date: Fri, 10 Jan 1997 07:23:03 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: Joel McNamara <joelm@eskimo.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 1997 07:23:03 -0800 (PST)
To: pgp-users@rivertown.net
Subject: Private Idaho source code now available

Private Idaho 2.8b3, a bug fix version of the popular Windows freeware PGP
and remailer utility, is now available.  This will be my last official
release of PI for the foreseeable future.

Due to other projects and new directions, I haven't been able to spend as
much time as I'd like coding and supporting Private Idaho.  Instead of
seeing it die on the vine, I've decided to release the source code under
the GNU General Public License (export disclaimer - the sources do not
include, or have ever contained, cryptographic algorithms).

I'm hoping one or more, like-minded, privacy-oriented developer(s) will
step forward to continue with PI's evolution.  There's a lot of
functionality in the application right now, but there are still some
enhancements to be made (localized and 32-bit versions, some more minor bug
fixs, etc.).

I'll still be maintaining the Private Idaho Web page, and if new versions
do appear, they'll be distributed there.

See http://www.eskimo.com/~joelm/pi.html for complete details on getting
the sources.

Thanks for all the support and feedback you've provided over the past
several years.

Joel

Thread