1997-01-14 - Re: OTA papers

Header Data

From: azur@netcom.com (Steve Schear)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 253057557f6cc46d25a62eb841dd978f9051ea95bfca16b47ce5589e9bd5e60f
Message ID: <v02140b00af017cb6e816@[10.0.2.15]>
Raw Date: Tue, 14 Jan 1997 10:10:56 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: azur@netcom.com (Steve Schear)
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 1997 10:10:56 -0800 (PST)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: OTA papers

>William H. Geiger said:
>

>In <v02140b00af00318b1fef@[10.0.2.15]>, on 01/13/97 at 02:50 PM,
>   azur@netcom.com (Steve Schear) said:
>

>>Its too bad OTA got the budgetary ax.  I met several of the staff and I
>>regarded them highly.
>
>Actually this is a GOOD thing. Now they will be using their talents & skills
>in the real world providing a contribution to society rather than in another
>unnecessary government bureaucracy.
>
>- --

I've read several of their papers and find, in those areas of which I feel
competent, there are few commercial equivalents with corresponding quality
and even-handedness in treatment.  I agree with you its best that much or
most of these government activities should occur in the market.  I hope
they do.  Only time will tell.

-- Steve

Thread