1997-01-18 - Re: [Fwd: Re: Victory Party]

Header Data

From: dlv@bwalk.dm.com (Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 391e63026628e8f3945fe6789c6931cd741b20838807f8a2b5518ef46513ddb3
Message ID: <mqqq1D22w165w@bwalk.dm.com>
Reply To: <32E10439.6B4A@gte.net>
UTC Datetime: 1997-01-18 19:21:26 UTC
Raw Date: Sat, 18 Jan 1997 11:21:26 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: dlv@bwalk.dm.com (Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM)
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 1997 11:21:26 -0800 (PST)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: [Fwd: Re: Victory Party]

Dale Thorn <dthorn@gte.net> writes:

> aga wrote:
> > Date: Sat, 18 Jan 1997 13:34:37 GMT
> > On Sat, 18 Jan 1997, SB wrote:
> > From: J Durbin <slothrop@poisson.com>
> > > Forward on the good Dr. Vulis from ne.internet.services.
> > > Newsgroups: ne.internet.services, alt.fan.speedbump, alt.god.grubor
> > > Steve    Subject: Re: Victory Party
>
> > hannigan@shore.net (Martin Hannigan) wrote:
> > >Steve/Grubby/Vulis/Aga: You can come too. Of course.
>
> > The Cypherpunks mailing list people invited Vulis to come speak
> > at one of their CA meetings. They even offered to pay for his airfare
> > and lodging, but he was too afraid to show up.
> > What a coward, just like Boursy and Grubor.
>
> > Hey you fucker; you pay my expenses and I will come.
> > You get a one hour lecture and one hour of questions and
> > answers afterward.  Everybody gets frisked for guns at the door,
> > since we do not trust some of those cypherpunks.
>
> Picture the typical cypherpunk (especially Sandfort, who organized the
> whole thing):  Old, out of shape, ignorant, lonely, perverted, ugly,
> etc. etc.  Dr. Vulis actually brightened up their "life" for a few
> moments, then, when he didn't take the bait for the roast, they felt
> rejected, like a love spurned.  It's so transparent.

It just wasn't worth the time. I found F2F contact with the
likes of Hughes and Gilmore pretty boring and unproductive.

But if Dr. Grubor wishes to address a Cypherpunks meating,
and expose them as a bunch of homosexual censors, I think
it would be a neat idea.

---

Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM