1997-01-18 - Re: Keyword scanning/speech recognition

Header Data

From: Lucky Green <shamrock@netcom.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 3b6a93b6dd051cd47507612083feafb5ddb43c8d68c1d7b0c736abbcc6b30b53
Message ID: <3.0.32.19970118094021.006f0038@192.100.81.126>
Raw Date: Sat, 18 Jan 1997 09:39:30 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: Lucky Green <shamrock@netcom.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 1997 09:39:30 -0800 (PST)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Keyword scanning/speech recognition

At 03:34 AM 1/19/97, pgut001@cs.auckland.ac.nz wrote:
>I was talking to someone recently about the feasibilty of keyword-scanning
>phone conversations.  He thought it was probably still beyond the reach of
>current technology, I thought it wasn't.

I once met a fellow who's company makes high performance key word scanning and speaker recognition products for use by governmental entities in analyzing voice communications. Unfortunately, I lost his business card.

-- Lucky Green <mailto:shamrock@netcom.com> PGP encrypted mail preferred
   Make your mark in the history of mathematics. Use the spare cycles of
   your PC/PPC/UNIX box to help find a new prime.
   http://www.mersenne.org/prime.htm

Thread