1997-01-09 - Re: IBM Key Recovery Propaganda on United Airlines

Header Data

From: Dale Thorn <dthorn@gte.net>
To: toto@sk.sympatico.ca
Message Hash: 40f00f33fa0ab5619742144f3744a2d1f0696d0c0718ccf0796d6ece03820465
Message ID: <32D49D4B.7222@gte.net>
Reply To: <199701090120.TAA27868@manifold.algebra.com>
UTC Datetime: 1997-01-09 07:26:33 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 8 Jan 1997 23:26:33 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: Dale Thorn <dthorn@gte.net>
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 1997 23:26:33 -0800 (PST)
To: toto@sk.sympatico.ca
Subject: Re: IBM Key Recovery Propaganda on United Airlines

Toto wrote:
> Igor Chudov @ home wrote:
> > > Bill Stewart wrote:
> > Toto wrote:
> > > Like the legitimate leader of a country, say, for instance...Hitler?
> > > Or a legitimate law enforcement agency, say, for instance...the Gestapo?

> Key Recovery will, in all likelihood, give people who watch IBM's
> airline ads a 'higher level' sense of 'false security'.
> I am sure that their motto will be, "Key Recovery--Trust Us."

> To me, Key Recovery cryptography is like using a condom with a hole in it.Forgive me (please!) if this is not on-topic, but believe it or not, in
this day and age of safe sex, you can go around Los Angeles and pick up
non-porn (free, distributed at record stores) gay-oriented magazines which
carry large full-page ads for sexual lubricants, and guess what - you
can't use a condom with those lubricants!  It says so right in the ad!

Thread