1997-01-06 - Re: Sandy and I will run a cypherpunks “moderation” experim

Header Data

From: “Ross Wright” <rwright@adnetsol.com>
To: Dale Thorn <dthorn@gte.net>
Message Hash: 51618804cd64d8704005377fa50fc769ab03b15fe0b753efc488bc78d2213c48
Message ID: <199701061046.CAA22622@adnetsol.adnetsol.com>
Raw Date: Mon, 6 Jan 1997 02:47:13 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: "Ross Wright" <rwright@adnetsol.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 1997 02:47:13 -0800 (PST)
To: Dale Thorn <dthorn@gte.net>
Subject: Re: Sandy and I will run a cypherpunks "moderation" experim

On or About  6 Jan 97 at 1:21, Dale Thorn wrote:

> Ross Wright wrote:
> > On or About  5 Jan 97 at 22:38, Black Unicorn wrote:
> > > Excellent until the flames list is eliminated.
>
> > Yes I want to read this list, flames and all.  I guess I'm just
> > used to it by now.  I don't filter it myself (except manually) so
> > I don't want to trust someone I don't know to do it.
>
> Just one other thing, Ross.  Don't assume that the stated purpose
> and the real purpose are one and the same.

Shit, I learned that in the service of my great country.  Who's
sig-line talks about liberty being taken away little bits at a time?

As I said before freedom of speech has a price other than the blood
of patriots.  That price is the tolerance of IDEAS!  Any fucking
ideas that happen to come the fuck up!!!!!

I'm gonna tolerate who-the-hell-ever I want to!  There are not any
grey areas when it comes to free speech.  You censor one because of
bad manners or downright bad taste, then you censor all.

And fuck all you guys who *plonked* me over my last flame war with
T.M., cause you just missed a great post!  (I learned that in film
school: you have to like your own work).

So my question is: is there going to be a maximum number of times I
can say fuck in a good post? Like a 3-fuck limit?  Or will you take
out the magic marker and draw through them?

Ross

Thread