1997-01-20 - Re: Monitoring the monitors [Was: Gilmore and Sandfart suck

Header Data

From: “Ross Wright” <rwright@adnetsol.com>
To: Dale Thorn <dthorn@gte.net>
Message Hash: 6a20c15df8572c5be6cd217611bd449863cbf45c42cc56d92beddda79abd69d1
Message ID: <199701200636.WAA21133@adnetsol.adnetsol.com>
Raw Date: Sun, 19 Jan 1997 22:36:50 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: "Ross Wright" <rwright@adnetsol.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 1997 22:36:50 -0800 (PST)
To: Dale Thorn <dthorn@gte.net>
Subject: Re: Monitoring the monitors [Was: Gilmore and Sandfart suck

On or About 19 Jan 97 at 17:37, Dale Thorn wrote:

> Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.  We already get the censored stuff
> on the alleged-to-be "unedited" list, so by looking at the censored
> list only, we can do the subtraction more reliably than Sandfort.
>
> Just the censored list is needed, not the cut-out stuff, as far as I
> know.

I disagree.  Or I don't quite understand what you are saying.  I
want to see the moderated list and I want to see what was removed.

So since I was automatically given the Moderated List, I just put in
a subscription, under a different address, so I can easily see what was
removed.  Of the three lists that now exist: unedited, edited, and
removed posts, I would chose to remove the unedited version so that I
can keep my eye on what the moderators decide I should not see.  That
gives me an insight into what they think.

Ross

Ross Wright
King Media: Bulk Sales of Software Media and Duplication Services
http://www.slip.net/~cdr/kingmedia
Voice: 415-206-9906

Thread