1997-01-27 - Posting percentages

Header Data

From: Peterson, Mike <petersom@hsd.k12.or.us>
To: “‘cypherpunks@toad.com>
Message Hash: 6dd8684c1e25047da7e62bdf003bfc65afd33b751e460840b37feccbcadaebed
Message ID: <199701271746.JAA28997@toad.com>
Raw Date: Mon, 27 Jan 1997 09:46:05 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: Peterson, Mike <petersom@hsd.k12.or.us>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 1997 09:46:05 -0800 (PST)
To: "'cypherpunks@toad.com>
Subject: Posting percentages

Dr. Dimitri Vulus KOTM wrote:

Rabid Wombat <wombat@mcfeely.bsfs.org> writes:

>> Regardless of which side you take on this matter, remember that the issue
>> was forced by the actions of an extremely small segment of the list
>> "population."
>The list "population" (readers) is a couple of thousand people, almost
>all of whom are lurkers. All posters are an extremely small segment of
>the readership. It's true on most Internet forums.

Just because us "lurkers" don't post, doesn't mean that we aren't taking
sides, agreeing, disagreeing, or otherwise. Small portions of the
population doesn't mean that the rest of us have no comment, just not
the will to make the post.

Thread