1997-01-06 - Re: Sandy and I will run a cypherpunks “moderation” experiment in Jan

Header Data

From: Dale Thorn <dthorn@gte.net>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 6e2cbe1dd6cbc60f76c5ec5f78bf10e5d8524bf92d449b085ab2d65148b66455
Message ID: <32D05DB6.252@gte.net>
Reply To: <ZcX3ZD69w165w@bwalk.dm.com>
UTC Datetime: 1997-01-06 02:06:09 UTC
Raw Date: Sun, 5 Jan 1997 18:06:09 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: Dale Thorn <dthorn@gte.net>
Date: Sun, 5 Jan 1997 18:06:09 -0800 (PST)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Sandy and I will run a cypherpunks "moderation" experiment in Jan

Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM wrote:
> >From cypherpunks-errors@toad.com  Sun Jan  5 17:03:17 1997
> I agree with Sandy Sandfort and many others that things have gotten
> way out of hand on the list.  He and I feel that the only proposed
> solutions likely to succeed involve inserting human judgement in the
> cypherpunks posting process, rather than mere automation.[snippo]
> Like many of you, I have become very disenchanted with the
> quality of discourse on this list.[mo' snippo]

I'll bet Hitler was disenchanted by the declaration against him by the
World Jewish Congress.

I'll bet Andrew Jackson was disenchanted with the decisions of the
Seminole Indian leaders to not just lay down and die.

And now Sandy is disenchanted.  What a hypocritical asshole.

Thread