1997-01-29 - Re: Fighting the cybercensor

Header Data

From: ichudov@algebra.com (Igor Chudov @ home)
To: hallam@ai.mit.edu (Hallam-Baker)
Message Hash: 756e2d25131d9466315a6867918019647c17a5b9db58212bcb3b285243b33b62
Message ID: <199701292009.OAA02501@manifold.algebra.com>
Reply To: <199701291946.OAA05417@muesli.ai.mit.edu>
UTC Datetime: 1997-01-29 21:05:17 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 29 Jan 1997 13:05:17 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: ichudov@algebra.com (Igor Chudov @ home)
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 1997 13:05:17 -0800 (PST)
To: hallam@ai.mit.edu (Hallam-Baker)
Subject: Re: Fighting the cybercensor

Hallam-Baker wrote:

> I think that with the demise of Mr Bell and anyone running
> a remailer there would be an end to his scheme pretty quickly.
>
> Society is not bound to put up with cranks and psychopaths.
> there is no right to anonymously call for murder. The authorities
> could easily stop Bells scheme.
>
> The point I was making is that it is not consistent as claimed.

Why, death of Jim Bell from his own murder machine is a very exciting, I
would say a very Kafkian thing to happen. I am looking forward to it. I
even think that Jim Bell would not oppose such an outcome that much,
since his assination bot would be such an important invention for the
humanity. Maybe it will reverse the course of world history!

	- Igor.

Thread