1997-01-29 - Re: Trolling with Dale (a bite)

Header Data

From: Dale Thorn <dthorn@gte.net>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 7e3064fa2f54911e58fa3cd9b71debab96324cb2b7c3be9ed099e77ac49b2971
Message ID: <199701290656.WAA21792@toad.com>
Raw Date: Tue, 28 Jan 1997 22:56:11 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: Dale Thorn <dthorn@gte.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 1997 22:56:11 -0800 (PST)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Trolling with Dale (a bite)

Huge Cajones Remailer wrote:
> From: Dale Thorn <dthorn@gte.net>
> Subject: Re: overview.htm (fwd)
> Dale Thorn hopelessly wrote:
> >Let's be realistic about how AIDS is acquired.

> Yes, Dale, let's. Dale makes an excellent case for having a moderated
> list right here. What do his nutball beyond-the-fringe remarks have
> to do with crypto, privacy, security? Cripes, in the old days even an
> _accurate_ off-list remark would open a blast furnace of condemnation,
> a la Jim B. If the list won't moderate itself to "guide" the Dale's,
> it DESERVES to be moderated.  He's gotta be trolling to keep it hard.

Well, I don't know who you are, so (despite your remarks) I can't
really tell what your question is.  I suppose if we sat down with a
human moderator and a copy of Applied Cryptography, you'd know the
XOR's and S-boxes and whatnot better than I.  That's why we need
people like you on this list, especially the moderated list, since
you know the conventional (academic) crypto really well.  To be
honest, I'm after more important things, but hey, keep plugging away
and maybe I'll learn something from you.  Hugs and stuff....

Thread