1997-01-10 - Re: IMPORTANT: Additional information about UDCM.

Header Data

From: ichudov@algebra.com (Igor Chudov @ home)
To: ericm@lne.com (Eric Murray)
Message Hash: a04d02e6b03e0134fcffaf6342331ccc4f1a9c89a552d831f8bfe20923b54b44
Message ID: <199701102013.OAA01362@manifold.algebra.com>
Reply To: <199701101717.JAA31508@slack.lne.com>
UTC Datetime: 1997-01-10 20:36:39 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 10 Jan 1997 12:36:39 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: ichudov@algebra.com (Igor Chudov @ home)
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 1997 12:36:39 -0800 (PST)
To: ericm@lne.com (Eric Murray)
Subject: Re: IMPORTANT: Additional information about UDCM.

Eric Murray wrote:
> snow writes:
> > > Also: The AOL web site address my company has may not always work out when
> > > the server is having problems or user overloads. Please try again later.
> > > Again, the web site address for UDCM, Universal Data Cryptography Module, is:
> > > http://members.aol.com/DataETRsch/udcm.html.
> >
> >      For $100 up front, and about $40 a month you can get a real domain name
> > and virtual domain that doesn't have a problem with "user overloads". If
> > you are so high tech, why are you using AOL for a WEB SERVER? (this is a
> > seperate issue from using it for _access_)
>
> You would think that a company that could issue "$1,250,000 in collateral
> backed zero-coupon bonds" would be able to afford a real web site.

Mmmm... What is the collateral? Intangible assets like distribution roghts?

Also, this guy's web site is totally fucked up -- the lines in
http://members.aol.com/dataetrsch/public/udcmv20b.txt are
very long and browsers are not supposed to wrap them.

I am also wondering, I am listed as visitor 189 on his web site. Under
most optimistic assumptions, if *every* visitor bought his product, he would
have made $40*188 = $7520.

A good money, no doubt, but to issue $1,250,000 worth of *zero-coupon*
bonds?

	- Igor.

Thread