1997-01-19 - Re: Enough is Never Enough – pro-CDA alliances, from TNNN

Header Data

From: Dale Thorn <dthorn@gte.net>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: a42ec69260beffe208b2ba6aa82d379bd58e0907133081ac9389183c6d0ad132
Message ID: <32E1D3F8.3A33@gte.net>
Reply To: <01BC0596.F925F960@bcdev.com>
UTC Datetime: 1997-01-19 07:58:07 UTC
Raw Date: Sat, 18 Jan 1997 23:58:07 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: Dale Thorn <dthorn@gte.net>
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 1997 23:58:07 -0800 (PST)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Enough is Never Enough -- pro-CDA alliances, from TNNN

Dale wrote:
> > This Donna Rice-Hughes couldn't possibly be the Donna Rice who sat on
> > Gary Hart's lap for the famous picture, could she?

> But of course... she was emotionally traumatized by the who experience
> (or some such line) and is now 'reformed'.  The mind boggles.

I've gotten several confirmations on this, and no negatives, so....

What I remember is that Hart and Schweiker were on one of the intel
committees in the early 1970's, working more-or-less side by side with
Frank Church et al, uncovering the real dirty laundry of the CIA and
its infiltration of nearly every college and important business and
media in the USA.  Hart's minor spillage to the press must have pissed
someone off, so they got the famous picture with Rice in all the papers,
and Hart's presidential bid went right down the toilet.

Now this same girl is on the righteous team, like Chuckie Colson?
Yeah, I believe it.  My you-know-what is starting to pucker up.

Thread