1997-01-26 - Internet, Countries, Nationalism, etc.

Header Data

From: Jim Choate <ravage@EINSTEIN.ssz.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: a6bf48cc11399a4e045cea3f75abe96fffb82b623c1ab41577c44a7cf514e24a
Message ID: <199701261751.LAA00526@einstein>
Raw Date: Sun, 26 Jan 1997 09:27:01 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: Jim Choate <ravage@EINSTEIN.ssz.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 1997 09:27:01 -0800 (PST)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Internet, Countries, Nationalism, etc.

Hi,

blanc has put forth an interesting assertion relating to nationalism and the
Internet. If he is correct then we will have a one world government (ie
technocracy) whether we like it or not.

I agree with this assertion, which is why I hold that it is a waste of
bandwidth trying to 'control' the Internet or access thereof by citizens of
such countries as Singapore. Let them cut themselves off, it does us all a
service, and themselves a dis-service. If the citizens have as much
dissatisfaction as some members claim they will take care of it themselves.
When they get hungry for ideas, materials, and food they will change.

You can take a horse to water, you can't make him drink. You can drown him
however. Then you are walking, not riding.

                                                   Jim Choate
                                                   CyberTects
                                                   ravage@ssz.com

Thread