1997-01-13 - Re: sendmail-type thing for Windows

Header Data

From: Sean Roach <roach_s@alph.swosu.edu>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: aad68dabc520d9a98d1155e5393256fc645887db8ac9afb695706a7b6a514f2a
Message ID: <199701132047.MAA29859@toad.com>
Raw Date: Mon, 13 Jan 1997 12:47:11 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: Sean Roach <roach_s@alph.swosu.edu>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 1997 12:47:11 -0800 (PST)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: sendmail-type thing for Windows

At 12:00 PM 1/10/97 -0600, Igor Chudov wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Does anyone know of a simple program for windows that can, like
>sendmail, work as a mail agent ans send mail messages from its stdin? I
>am interested in sending email messages from Windoze boxes as part of
>some automated process driven by .BAT files.
>
>i.e., what I need is a program that I could invoke like this
>
>DOS> sendmail some@address.com
>From: sender@originator.com
>To: some@address.com
>Subject: hello
>
>hello

I don't know if this will help you, but, I have found that by typing win
winmine.exe at the dos prompt, I am taken straight to minesweeper.  The
program manager window is minimized in this example.
It seems that most of windows programs, when accessed from File/Run act like
command line programs, this is how the File Manager can bring up a text file
in the Write program.  I haven't tried it, but you might try nesting
arguments, for instance WIN WRITE FILE.TXT to see if it comes right up into
Write, working on file.txt.  I will have to get back to you on rather or not
this works, but if it does, and someone has cracked the windows macro
Recorder, such as what you described should be possible from a batch file.

Thread