1997-01-06 - RE: C’punks “moderation” experiment

Header Data

From: Robert Barnes <rbarnes@gil.com.au>
To: “‘Vin McLellan’” <dthorn@gte.net>
Message Hash: aecb6aa7fa827329bf48563405c5fe2218ed98d990004d13a248b64eee747b72
Message ID: <c=AU%a=%p=Tritronics.Aust%l=TRI_NT5-970106052955Z-125@net.tritro.com.au>
Raw Date: Sun, 5 Jan 1997 21:30:11 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: Robert Barnes <rbarnes@gil.com.au>
Date: Sun, 5 Jan 1997 21:30:11 -0800 (PST)
To: "'Vin McLellan'" <dthorn@gte.net>
Subject: RE: C'punks "moderation" experiment

Dale Thorn wrote:
>>Vin McLellan wrote:
>>> Thank you.  I look forward to more of the best of C'punks, without
>>> having the hassle of continually  weeding out the vapid bullshit.
>>> Apparently because of your philosophical orientation, you have stayed open
>>> -- and kept the List open -- to this pattern of eggregious harassment far
>>> longer than I would have thought possible.  I applaud your patience, but
>>> for myself -- I have had more than enough!
>>
>>Well, Vin, without commenting on your plug for censorship, I can only
>>say that I hope you are *very* fond of Sandy Sandfort, since he becomes
>>YOUR LORD GOD for cypherpunks list purposes.
>>
>>How many other gods do you have, Vin (if that's your real name, Vin)?

My understanding was that there would probably be more than one
moderator, also as Sandy's moderation decisions will be open to
scrutiny by interested members of the list I cannot see the list
membership accepting unsuitable moderation decisions, either by
Sandy or anyone else.

This list has a purpose, lets get back to it.

>Robert Barnes                     Phone: +61 7 32529722
>                                  Fax:   +61 7 32571403
>Tritronics (Australia) Pty Ltd    Email: robertb@tritro.com.au
>
>PGP Key fingerprint
>  =  02 A6 22 5E 26 D3 7C 4D  E2 91 9E 15 AC EA B1 58
>Send e-mail with "get key" in the "Subject:" field to get
>a copy of my public key

Thread