1997-01-16 - Re: DCSB: The Internet Consumer – 1996 in Review & Predictions for 1997

Header Data

From: ed.falk@Eng.Sun.COM (Ed Falk)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: bc5e7e77711916aaad6970ba607072d6307339415453ba7f79871a64a6edc177
Message ID: <199701161805.KAA08526@peregrine.eng.sun.com>
Raw Date: Thu, 16 Jan 1997 10:07:16 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: ed.falk@Eng.Sun.COM (Ed Falk)
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 1997 10:07:16 -0800 (PST)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: DCSB: The Internet Consumer -- 1996 in Review & Predictions for 	 1997

> Robert Hettinga wrote:
> > I fished this out of my killfile. Ironically, I had just plonked Toto
> > yesterday because I saw no compelling merit in anything he has posted to
> > cypherpunks since he got here, and given the quantity of his posts, he was
> > starting to waste my attention. However, this morning, as my mail was
> > coming down in Eudora, I saw that he had replied to this month's DCSB
> > announcement, and, frankly, I knew that it had to be something like this.
>
>   Why do people feel compelled to 'explain' how they 'chanced'
> to read items in their 'killfile'? It always seems to me to be
> for the purpose of insulting someone while keeping egg off of
> their own face.

Well, I can't speak for R.H., but in my own case, my KILLfile entries
typically look like

	/toto/f:=:j

which displays the subject lines as it junks the articles.  Sometimes
I'll see one go by which interests me, so I'll go back and read it
anyway.

Similarly, people who've been plonked are often quoted in somebody
else's message, so I see it anyway.

Thread