1997-01-21 - RE: Newt’s phone calls

Header Data

From: “Phillip M. Hallam-Baker” <hallam@ai.mit.edu>
To: “‘Jeff Barber’” <jeffb@issl.atl.hp.com>
Message Hash: bda75ba3af96dc0d535321c59f4dbced0da3c6aead1e5e2469c1429e3bc49097
Message ID: <01BC07A9.10CE1520@crecy.ai.mit.edu>
Raw Date: Tue, 21 Jan 1997 11:43:44 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: "Phillip M. Hallam-Baker" <hallam@ai.mit.edu>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 1997 11:43:44 -0800 (PST)
To: "'Jeff Barber'" <jeffb@issl.atl.hp.com>
Subject: RE: Newt's phone calls

>No, the real danger in weak crypto is that the poorly-informed will not
>think about it *at all*.  If we had "poor crypto", Newt probably wouldn't
>have been embarrassed by this sort of casual interception, and the issue
>wouldn't have been raised in the public mind.  But our communications
>still wouldn't be safe from more determined attackers.  Brouhahas like
>these are good for the pro-(strong-)crypto agenda.

Not the way we've being going on, Zero coverage of the
crypto issue, zip, nada. That points to EFF and CDT not
being on the ball on the crypto issue.

	Phill

Thread