1997-01-27 - WinKrypt

Header Data

From: Frank Willoughby <frankw@in.net>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: c6549924417bf660f4e908b0452ad8bc395296a83480fbfd19351f57617c89e4
Message ID: <9701270133.AA20096@su1.in.net>
Raw Date: Sun, 26 Jan 1997 17:35:50 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: Frank Willoughby <frankw@in.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 1997 17:35:50 -0800 (PST)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: WinKrypt

Out of curiosity, is anyone familiar with WinKrypt by Syncronsys?

I picked up a copy & there is no mention in the documentation which
encryption algorithm it uses & what the key lengths are. FWIW, my
impression is that the documentation seems to deliberately avoid
mentioning the algorithm/key lengths.  Hmmmm.  (food for thought)

I was curious how it compares to McAfee's PC Crypto which uses
40-bit DES or 160-bit Blowfish (user-chooses) & other PC/laptop
encryption products.  BTW, I would also appreciate your input
on any crypto products which you believe to be robust, easy-to-use
& secure.  (I know I can only have 2 out of 3, but it's worth a try
anyway).  8^)

Please send marketing info to me directly at: frankw@in.net and
**NOT** to the entire mailing list.

(BTW, I mentioned WinKrypt & PCcrypo because they are the only
two which are available at many computer stores as COTS s/w).

TIA for your help.

Best Regards,

Frank

Thread