1997-01-27 - Re: Passphrase Online…

Header Data

From: Erp <erp@digiforest.com>
To: John Shaft <shaft@africamail.com>
Message Hash: f6da907fce18963d42685eef3ba9081aafe2f03157a545705a9a86f6ae32554d
Message ID: <199701272255.OAA08389@toad.com>
Raw Date: Mon, 27 Jan 1997 14:55:17 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: Erp <erp@digiforest.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 1997 14:55:17 -0800 (PST)
To: John Shaft <shaft@africamail.com>
Subject: Re: Passphrase Online...

> I suppose if you were doing something locally, and someone wanted to be
> really sneaky, they could embed something like keycopy on your machine (with
> a virus or something) and get coppied every time you enter a keystroke. I
> don't suppose it would be all that difficult to get a machine to run a tsr
> that got kicked off every time you accessed something like, say ,
> PGP....Comments?

Ok, just something that would be a nasty little virii in its own way...
If there was a virii produced that copied down a persons keystrokes every
time, and then when they logged onto the InterNet aka aachieved a PPP/Slip
connection, it automatically sent (without there knowing) a copy of all
the keystorkes they have made so far, and then deletes them from an
encrypted file, or from within a file it has been adding them too
*shrug*...
.. aka Automatically sends it to say an anonymous email account or some
such.

Ok *shrug*  jsut an idea...  later.....

Erp

Hey we have fun here at hell!  Check us out if your lucky:
http://www.fromhell.com/

Thread