1997-01-24 - RE: Rejection policy of the Cypherpunks maiing list

Header Data

From: “Mullen, Patrick” <MullenP@ndhm06.ndhm.gtegsc.com>
To: “‘ichudov@algebra.com>
Message Hash: f6f283835fdd700f1c81922f6f5022396e283da844846d77fe43d40bcbcad1e7
Message ID: <c=US%a=%p=GTE%l=NDHM06-970124204001Z-72578@ndhm06.ndhm.gtegsc.com>
Reply To: _N/A

UTC Datetime: 1997-01-24 20:39:43 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 24 Jan 1997 12:39:43 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: "Mullen, Patrick" <MullenP@ndhm06.ndhm.gtegsc.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 1997 12:39:43 -0800 (PST)
To: "'ichudov@algebra.com>
Subject: RE: Rejection policy of the Cypherpunks maiing list

Igor sez:
>Sandy also states rather plainly that crypto-relevance is not the
>criterion by which he moderates this list. I question this policy.

I question this, too.  What, exactly, is the criterion?

Cypherpunks charter sez:
The cypherpunks list is a forum for discussing personal defenses for
privacy in the digital domain.

<Keep in mind I didn't read the described article> How does personal
attacks
through forged and anonymous mail not fit this topic?

However, I _do_ have to say such a topic would have to keep with a
descriptive attitude, rather than demonstrative...  :-)

On another note, even though some messages which may be of interest may
get lost in the shuffle, I do like the reduced volume, esp. since I get
listmail
at work.  Unfortunately, the reduced mail is a result of censorship...
:-(

~ Patrick

Thread