1997-02-18 - Re: The Science Generations, II

Header Data

From: drose@AZStarNet.com
To: snow <snow@smoke.suba.com>
Message Hash: 00a945c59cea7fb7d3ee90ec41992658299d21599460b36b6ad00184f65df9de
Message ID: <199702180141.RAA19137@toad.com>
Raw Date: Mon, 17 Feb 1997 17:41:57 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: drose@AZStarNet.com
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 1997 17:41:57 -0800 (PST)
To: snow <snow@smoke.suba.com>
Subject: Re: The Science Generations, II

With regard to chemicals, may I suggest a perusal of the PGI and PML lists
(respectively, Pyrotechnics Guild Inc. and Pyrotechnics Mailing List)? These
are good resources; just about anything you might want is available.
However, they are serious; the KeWl BoMb stuff is on USENET (attn: C'Punk
Newsgroup folks-thanx Dimi--there *is* a difference).

Yea, (as D. Thorn might babble, if I understand the shards of his stuff
quoted in the posts of those who should know better) when I was a young
fellow, the guy at the local chemical supply co. asked my mom, "Lady, do you
have any idea what metallic sodium and red fuming nitric acid and Willy
Ley-strength Hydrogen Peroxide are all about?"

Me, personally? I'm glad to have traded the availability of interesting
reagents for the "Oppa-tune-itee" of having freedom and justice. (Although
nobody "axed" my opinion prior to there having been a reversal in the thrust
of gummint regulations.)

Thread