1997-02-15 - Re: Keep it Simple and the Cypherpunk Way

Header Data

From: Sean Roach <roach_s@alph.swosu.edu>
To: cypherpunks@algebra.com
Message Hash: 02f8d95784d956a5628859395439a880bc913ddf96ced96ebe5dc8dad5d0633b
Message ID: <199702151747.JAA27981@toad.com>
Raw Date: Sat, 15 Feb 1997 09:47:46 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: Sean Roach <roach_s@alph.swosu.edu>
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 1997 09:47:46 -0800 (PST)
To: cypherpunks@algebra.com
Subject: Re: Keep it Simple and the Cypherpunk Way

At 12:57 PM 2/14/97 -0800, Vladimir Z. Nuri wrote:

>if cpunks had a formal way of making decisions, and some loyalty
>to each other, instead of BAILING OUT at the slightest difficulty,
>perhaps the situation would be different, eh? see how quickly people
>who were once friends simply WALK OUT on each other in the cryptoanarchist
>approach? where is the loyalty? the sense of working for the greater
>good? it's gone. TCM simply ABANDONS the list at the first opportunity,
>and ignores the years of hard work that J.G. has put into it.
Not everyone has "bailed out".  Amid the flotsam and jetsam of the sinking
list, Igor Chudov Firebeard, and others have begun to fashion a trimaran.
If they finish before the old vessel finally sinks in the storm, then we
will have a ship more difficult to capsize.  Others are anchoring that half
finished craft to the great floating city/state Usenet.  Still others are
scheming as to the best way to keep the self appointed police from cutting
the little craft adrift.

No, we would have "bailed out" if we had each sit still to let our
subscriptions run out.  More will "go down with the ship", arguing against
the shutdown right up to the day when the list is finally eliminated.

Thread