1997-02-16 - Thanks to John Gilmore for running cypherpunks mailing list

Header Data

From: ichudov@algebra.com
To: Cypherpunks <cypherpunks@algebra.com
Message Hash: 04c748d62739ab29e3dc8f0d1b09cb9e10e7a8edb5a4dadd27f5511771be9a5e
Message ID: <199702162243.OAA05112@toad.com>
Raw Date: Sun, 16 Feb 1997 14:43:17 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: ichudov@algebra.com
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 1997 14:43:17 -0800 (PST)
To: Cypherpunks <cypherpunks@algebra.com

Hi,

cypherpunks@toad.com goes down in four days.

I would like to thank John Gilmore for all his efforts that he spent to
run the list. Administering a huge mailing list like cypherpunks is a
tough job, requiring a lot of dedication, time and patience.

John, along with other cypherpunks, created a unique online community
that generated many valuable ideas. This community helped a great deal
to increase crypto awareness of the masses. I personally joined
cypherpunks for very arkane reasons, but later found out a lot of useful
information.

The moderation experiment failed by many reasons, but the last month
should not distract us from what John did over last several years.

Again, thanks to John for his work.

	- Igor.

Thread