1997-02-18 - Re: Anyone have the complete info on CP list alternatives?

Header Data

From: Bryan Reece <reece@taz.nceye.net>
To: ichudov@algebra.com
Message Hash: 1eb30875055d00460fc7bc7e3099286b7dda3c6a4079763ae8876ffd53ddf1c4
Message ID: <199702180322.TAA21451@toad.com>
Raw Date: Mon, 17 Feb 1997 19:22:25 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: Bryan Reece <reece@taz.nceye.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 1997 19:22:25 -0800 (PST)
To: ichudov@algebra.com
Subject: Re: Anyone have the complete info on CP list alternatives?

   Date: Mon, 17 Feb 1997 19:07:25 -0600 (CST)
   Cc: cypherpunks@toad.com, wcampbel@peganet.com
   From: ichudov@algebra.com (Igor Chudov @ home)
   Sender: owner-cypherpunks@toad.com

   Mark M. wrote:
   >  - Newsgroups alt.cypherpunks, alt.cypherpunks.announce,
   > 	alt.cypherpunks.social, alt.cypherpunks.technical have been created.

   ... Along with several others.

   >  - The distributed list is still forming and so far consists of
   > 	cypherpunks@algebra.com, cypherpunks@ssz.com, and others of which I
   > 	do not know the location.  A mail<->news gateway is planned, but not
   > 	yet in place, between the distributed list and the newsgroup(s).

   It is in place. It feeds from cypherpunks@algebra.com. Bryan Reece
   reece@taz.nceye.net runs the posting bot. taz.nceye.net is an open
   newsserver offering several cypherpunks newsgroups.

   I am not yet sure if taz is now a part of the mainstream usenet, that
   is, it may not be connected to the Big USENET.

It receives some Big Usenet groups, but only for local users.
alt.cypherpunks is open, but there will be long delays, on the
order of a day, for articles there (unless someone better connected to
Usenet wants to feed me alt.cypherpunks.*---any volunteers?).

Thread