1997-02-03 - My Departure, Moderation, and “Ownership of the List” -Reply

Header Data

From: Eldon Jenkins <EJENKINS@mhz.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 2585c4e46e63ad652c7e53cd54d72d24066f95e0880f76bcb23b511df1395013
Message ID: <199702032011.MAA01019@toad.com>
Raw Date: Mon, 3 Feb 1997 12:11:25 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: Eldon Jenkins <EJENKINS@mhz.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 1997 12:11:25 -0800 (PST)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: My Departure, Moderation, and "Ownership of the List" -Reply

Sandy, I've been a member of this list off and on for the past few years.
In reading this list daily for quite some time I feel that the filtering you are
doing has made quite a substantial and positive change.  Normally I
would spend an hour or so at work filtering through the list deleting
endless threads of nonsense just so I could glean the valuable
information that is hidden in midst of the mindless chatter.  Now the time I
spend searching for information has been drastically reduced and I
would like to thank you for this.  While I am against censorship and
moderation whole-heartedly I see this as a different case.  You are not
preventing anyone from posting, you just sort the posts and place them
in their appropriate list.  I see your efforts as more of an organizing
project rather then censorship.  I would love to see the list continue to be
moderated.  Just my two cents though.

Eldon Jenkins
USRobotics
Programmer