1997-02-14 - Re: Moderation experiment almost over; “put up or shut up”

Header Data

From: Dale Thorn <dthorn@gte.net>
To: freedom-knights@jetcafe.org
Message Hash: 397d8b3e15d33e6b4bc08b5586257154ab1b318ccfe7caf97836c3eb7c6f61fc
Message ID: <3303DD64.3685@gte.net>
Reply To: <Pine.LNX.3.95.970213111917.9322A-100000@dhp.com>
UTC Datetime: 1997-02-14 03:37:10 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 13 Feb 1997 19:37:10 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: Dale Thorn <dthorn@gte.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 1997 19:37:10 -0800 (PST)
To: freedom-knights@jetcafe.org
Subject: Re: Moderation experiment almost over; "put up or shut up"

aga wrote:
> On 12 Feb 1997, Against Moderation wrote:
> > aga <aga@dhp.com> writes:
> > > Yes, and just why is Gilmore such a jerk?  Could his homosexuality
> > > have anything to do with it?

> > Doubtful.  Given the fact that gay people suffer a great deal of
> > discrimination, they generally tend to be fairly open-minded.  I see
> > no reason to believe Gilmore is in fact gay, but if he is it in no way
> > affects my opinion of him.

(It sure doesn't affect my opinion of him.  He's such a total jerk
and a conspiring creep that I haven't had to consider anything else).

Funny, isn't it?  Those people who *allegedly* suffer the most dis-
crimination seem to be having the most fun, if you can call it that.
If I were gay, which I'm not, I could get all the boyfriends I want.
But being heterosexual, I would very much like to have women friends
(just as friends mind you) for ordinary social purposes, yet it's not
that easy.  I'd guess the gays are much more liberal with their multi-
friendships than straight people are.

Another funny thing - I'm an ordinary English/Welsh/Dutch White person,
and I've had plenty of White friends, and an equal percentage of Black
friends given the number of Black people I've known, but I've never
had a friend who was gay or lesbian, as far as I know, and I think
I could tell.  I can only guess that the gays are very clique-ish,
or their brains are wired differently than non-gays.

> Well, the fact remains that the homos are instrumental in creating and
> forming a cliquish and censored usenet.  There is just no question
> about that.  Remember the previous cypherpunk who stated that the
> gays "created and run usenet."
[snip]
> It is very logical and wise to discriminate on the basis of sex.
> I am not a racist, so therefore I can not be a "bigot," regardless of
> my views on homosexuality.

Thread