1997-02-04 - Re: PGP 2.1

Header Data

From: lwjohnson@grill.sk.ca (Larry Johnson)
To: Mark Henderson <mch@squirrel.com>
Message Hash: 4553c48095a88e19a13bfb9a66ab145cc3883cbd1f90d56ad68ffd0d89117d7c
Message ID: <32F6C659.2B24@grill.sk.ca>
Reply To: <199702022225.OAA03367@toad.com>
UTC Datetime: 1997-02-04 04:08:12 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 3 Feb 1997 20:08:12 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: lwjohnson@grill.sk.ca (Larry Johnson)
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 1997 20:08:12 -0800 (PST)
To: Mark Henderson <mch@squirrel.com>
Subject: Re: PGP 2.1

Mark Henderson wrote:

> I've heard this rumour before.

I didnt hear any rumor or anything. It just makes sense to me to be
paranoid like Mr. Zimmerman said.
Besides, my uncles friends write cryptagraphy for government guys
and big businesses and they mostly use 2.1 and 2.3 instead of the
stuff they write.

They say the code for the new stuff (PGP) is ok but there are too
many funny-stuff programs being written that mess with it but that
nobody is bothering to write funny-stuff to mess with the old
versions. They say the same thing about their own stuff that they
are writing.

> Of course, feel free not to trust what I say. You can look at the
> source code yourself. But from what I've seen, you'll be better off
> with the latest version.

I cant read code real good, so i just listen to the best guys I know
to know how paraniod to be.

> The world is a strange and dangerous place.
"No shit, Sherlock!"
Thats what we say on my lists when people say stuff that nobody
should forget. I think a lot of the cypherpunks forgot the stuff
that they put at the end of their messages since they dont do it.

Thanks for writing me. Your polite and helpful.

Thread