1997-02-19 - Re: [Declan McCullagh: “A List Goes Down In Flames,” from

Header Data

From: ichudov@algebra.com
To: Michael Ehling <mehling@ibm.net>
Message Hash: 487417cef6ec7a6fb75d4f73bdb528fa6ef39cff634c08135263389ce64c03c3
Message ID: <199702190556.VAA18665@toad.com>
Raw Date: Tue, 18 Feb 1997 21:56:05 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: ichudov@algebra.com
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 1997 21:56:05 -0800 (PST)
To: Michael Ehling <mehling@ibm.net>
Subject: Re: [Declan McCullagh: "A List Goes Down In Flames," from

Michael Ehling wrote:

> At 10:31 AM 2/14/97 -0800, you wrote:
> <snip>
> >
> >Having been "on" the net for over 15 years -- and with experience
> >in both ends of the censorship/moderation problem  (I'm probably
> >the only Cypherpunks member to have had a book "banned in Boston"),
> >I'm sorry that a handful of sociopaths managed to destroy this
> >experiment in anarchy, but I suspect that this was inevitable.

The experiment in anarchy continues full speed.

Cypherpunks is not dead, although it will take the newly created
online communities to pick up steam. Cypherpunks mailing list simply
expanded and took another form.

Again, thanks to John Gilmore for running this list for years. His
job required a lot of dedication and effort and I am thankful to him
for what he did for it. cypherpunks@toad.com enhanced my understanding
of reality immensely.

	- Igor.

Thread