1997-02-04 - DES keyspace

Header Data

From: Joel McNamara <joelm@eskimo.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 6ff0d1a21f47549ee30ffac1e5296c9a2758ef5d54ab06e6ab02daa9f016c3ab
Message ID: <3.0.32.19970204093946.006a5d88@mail.eskimo.com>
Raw Date: Tue, 4 Feb 1997 09:41:36 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: Joel McNamara <joelm@eskimo.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 1997 09:41:36 -0800 (PST)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: DES keyspace

Is anyone coordinating (formally or informally) which chunks of the
keyspace has been searched for the DES challenge?  Yes, I know all the
arguments about potential fraud and verification, but it would be nice to
have a Web site that informally listed what had been scanned so far
(verified or not).

Did I perhaps miss something and this is already out there?  URLs
appreciated if so.  If it doesn't exist, I'd be willing to host a site and
play coordinator...

Joel

Thread