1997-02-15 - Re: Moderation experiment almost over; “put up or shut up”

Header Data

From: Dale Thorn <dthorn@gte.net>
To: Igor Chudov <ichudov@algebra.com>
Message Hash: 74334a0fef788cf33b62da60bcea1d364792e293e3772b7d0fe2b7bf6d186d9f
Message ID: <199702151928.LAA02077@toad.com>
Raw Date: Sat, 15 Feb 1997 11:28:21 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: Dale Thorn <dthorn@gte.net>
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 1997 11:28:21 -0800 (PST)
To: Igor Chudov <ichudov@algebra.com>
Subject: Re: Moderation experiment almost over; "put up or shut up"

Igor Chudov @ home wrote:
> Dale Thorn wrote:
> > Igor Chudov @ home wrote:
> > If I understood the last several hundred messages correctly, they have
> > tried to make the point that the cypherpunks mailing list (unedited)
> > was more ideal than a newsgroup.  If this is what Dave is offering,
> > I'm surprised if more people don't jump on it.  Then again, they
> > took their good ol' time jumping onto cypherpunks-unedited.
>
> I think that the ideas of a distributed list and the idea of
> alt.cypherpunks are both good and these two mediums complement
> each other.

I can certainly accept this, but it would be nice if someone summarizes
these feeds every now and then, as time to check them all out is very
limited.

Thread