1997-02-16 - Digest needed

Header Data

From: aga <aga@dhp.com>
To: freedom-knights@jetcafe.org
Message Hash: 7f1ebf9a08b7a29f297fded9cbf3f91f08e3d2d463939f7d5ef2275b5932928b
Message ID: <Pine.LNX.3.95.970216112037.2356H-100000@dhp.com>
Reply To: <199702152355.PAA00282@songbird.com>
UTC Datetime: 1997-02-16 16:28:56 UTC
Raw Date: Sun, 16 Feb 1997 08:28:56 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: aga <aga@dhp.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 1997 08:28:56 -0800 (PST)
To: freedom-knights@jetcafe.org
Subject: Digest needed

On Sat, 15 Feb 1997, Kent Crispin wrote:

> Date: Sat, 15 Feb 1997 15:55:34 -0800 (PST)
> From: Kent Crispin <kent@songbird.com>
> To: Dale Thorn <dthorn@gte.net>
> Cc: ichudov@algebra.com, dave@kachina.jetcafe.org,
>     freedom-knights@jetcafe.org, cypherpunks@toad.com
> Subject: Re: Moderation experiment almost over; "put up or shut up"
>
> Dale Thorn allegedly said:
> >
> [...]
> >
> > If I understood the last several hundred messages correctly, they have
> > tried to make the point that the cypherpunks mailing list (unedited)
> > was more ideal than a newsgroup.  If this is what Dave is offering,
> > I'm surprised if more people don't jump on it.  Then again, they
> > took their good ol' time jumping onto cypherpunks-unedited.
>
> Dave is offering a single mailing list, which, while I am sure Dave is
> a great person, still represents a single point of control and a
> single point of failure.  A distributed mailing list has a potential
> for being much more robust, and for supporting a wide range of
> viewpoints.  Furthermore a distributed mailing list is an interesting
> minor technical problem, and a good solution could have wide
> applicability.
>
> So I think that people would like to get the distributed list going...

What is it going to do then, all run on the same majordomo?

> --
> Kent Crispin				"No reason to get excited",
> kent@songbird.com,kc@llnl.gov		the thief he kindly spoke...
> PGP fingerprint:   5A 16 DA 04 31 33 40 1E  87 DA 29 02 97 A3 46 2F

Just make sure it all works on Linux.

I think a -digest- would be in order, and if everybody uses the same
program, you can make sure there are no duplicates.

I will put up the address for Vulis to run.  Now the cypherpunks
all support the net.scum web-page, right?

Thread