1997-02-13 - Re: Transmission of Crypto material and ITAR

Header Data

From: Benjamin Grosman <bgrosman@magna.com.au>
To: perry@piermont.com
Message Hash: 8b800f9fe927ee1a1d2f6794ff84cce3f6a18751c1c69d626b4d91d0153bfbe1
Message ID: <199702132326.PAA13573@toad.com>
Raw Date: Thu, 13 Feb 1997 15:26:38 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: Benjamin Grosman <bgrosman@magna.com.au>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 1997 15:26:38 -0800 (PST)
To: perry@piermont.com
Subject: Re: Transmission of Crypto material and ITAR

>The answer is that no one knows, but if the doctrines that apply to
>cargo in transit between countries applied, there would be no
>consequence to it. Of course, that doesn't mean that there will not be
>consequences associated with this given U.S. governmental insanity.

Or it could be dealt with differently, as with a ship that docks for
refueling carrinyg munitions (a catergory shared with crypto), or nuclear
waste (not quite, but you get my point...)

Ben

  Benjamin Grosman - Programmer, Magna Data Internet Solutions