1997-02-15 - Re: Moderation experiment almost over; “put up or shut up”

Header Data

From: ichudov@algebra.com (Igor Chudov @ home)
To: antimod@nym.alias.net (Against Moderation)
Message Hash: 943e2e309a7fe4ea7110e1609e0e18d33cd00371acbf1234289742a6eb53d02c
Message ID: <199702150605.AAA13070@manifold.algebra.com>
Reply To: <19970215060243.25796.qmail@anon.lcs.mit.edu>
UTC Datetime: 1997-02-15 06:09:00 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 14 Feb 1997 22:09:00 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: ichudov@algebra.com (Igor Chudov @ home)
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 1997 22:09:00 -0800 (PST)
To: antimod@nym.alias.net (Against Moderation)
Subject: Re: Moderation experiment almost over; "put up or shut up"

Against Moderation wrote:
> > It was on the list last month, and the person was serious and correct.
> > That is exactly why we must now kill all of usenet as it stands, for
> > a new heterosexual beginning.
> >
> > ...  We are here to
> > "rip new assholes" in the faggots who have ruined the net thus far,
> > and to take over and make this net heterosexual oriented.
>
> So if I follow your argument, gays created and run usenet, and have
> also ruined it thus far.  Can you just clarify a few points?  I'm
> trying to follow your premise here [which I don't necessarily
> believe], and it seems contradictory.
>
>   * If gays ruined usenet, does that mean at one point usenet was a
>     good thing before it was ruined?  If so, gay people at least
>     deserve credit for creating something good, even if they didn't
>     manage to run it well.

Some say, in fact, that Internet and USENET have been created by Dr.
Grubor.

> I just don't understand whom you are fighting over what and why.

	- Igor.

Thread