1997-02-14 - Want a job as a Crypto Researcher or Research Scientist?

Header Data

From: John Gilmore <gnu@toad.com>
To: cypherpunks
Message Hash: a497cafad744192af316951ef1a25393810a9ae8a6c7b500c9de49dfb59f691f
Message ID: <199702140745.XAA26571@toad.com>
Raw Date: Thu, 13 Feb 1997 23:45:56 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: John Gilmore <gnu@toad.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 1997 23:45:56 -0800 (PST)
To: cypherpunks
Subject: Want a job as a Crypto Researcher or Research Scientist?

I can't vouch for any of it, and I have my doubts about any company
that decides whether you're a "Scientist" based on whether you have a
PhD, but I thought it might put a cypherpunk in a position to do some
good:

Date: Thu, 13 Feb 1997 13:30:52 -0700
From: dnne <dnne@enol.com>
Subject: CRYPTO RESEARCHER OR SCIENTIST

John,

I would greatly appreciate your recommendation.  I am trying to fill a
RESEARCHER and a RESEARCH SCIENTIST position for a leading East Coast
developer of encryption technology for the computer industry.

RESEARCHERS will work in conjunction with Research Scientists on
research projects covering all aspects of cryptography--from
algorithms, to protocols, to implementation.  RESEARCHERS also provide
technical support to software developers and to the company customers
through consulting and educational activities.

RESEARCHERS should have at least a B.S. and preferably an M.S. in
computer science, mathematics, or a closely related field. Solid
exposure to cryptography either through practical experience or within
academic pursuits is highly desirable.

RESEARCH SCIENTIST candidates should have a Ph.D. or equivalent
research experience in cryptography.

This company provides a very competitive compensation and benefits
package as well as company paid relocation benefits.

Thanks,

Dan Barrus
Senior Technical Recruiter
Cutting Edge Technologies