1997-02-15 - Mirrors and replies-to

Header Data

From: Robert Hettinga <rah@shipwright.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: a6cedb363b81954283193d3a8ec5f882ad23ba862ebccb7139fdaac1150c21d4
Message ID: <199702151557.HAA23736@toad.com>
Raw Date: Sat, 15 Feb 1997 07:57:58 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: Robert Hettinga <rah@shipwright.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 1997 07:57:58 -0800 (PST)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Mirrors and replies-to

Well, so far, I've got three cypherpunks mailboxes. One for sirius, one for
algebra, and one for toad. It was interesting to me that I got stuff from
the mirrors faster than toad until I remembered that the mirrors are wired
to the unmoderated list at toad, and I'm still subscribed to the moderated
list there.

However, I would like it if the mirror operators would reinstantiate a
feature of the original list for me. The reply-to field on the mirrors is
currently set to cypherpunks@toad.com. On the original list, this was set
to "sender", both to keep people from replying to the list unnecessarily
(hah! :-)) but also to keep mail loops from forming. Mail loops could be a
big problem, especially when you guys put together your neo-netnews
mailring. (a little jyaism, that... :-)).

Cheers,
Bob Hettinga

Robert Hettinga (rah@shipwright.com), Philodox
e$, 44 Farquhar Street, Boston, MA 02131 USA
"Never attribute to conspiracy what can be
explained by stupidity." -- Jerry Pournelle
The e$ Home Page: http://www.shipwright.com/rah/
FC97: Anguilla, anyone? http://www.ai/fc97/

Thread