1997-02-06 - EXTRA CHARGE FOR INTERNET SERVICE !

Header Data

From: Brian Adrian <chow@niven.imsweb.net>
To: cyberpunks <cypherpunks@toad.com>
Message Hash: a7904c3a401347580b572babc0476401453f55be44db5976349d65a027947777
Message ID: <199702062301.PAA02239@toad.com>
Raw Date: Thu, 6 Feb 1997 15:01:39 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: Brian Adrian <chow@niven.imsweb.net>
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 1997 15:01:39 -0800 (PST)
To: cyberpunks <cypherpunks@toad.com>
Subject: EXTRA CHARGE FOR INTERNET SERVICE !

Just received this from another mailing list.  PLEASE FORWARD TO ALL
INTERESTED PARTIES

 I am writing you this to inform you of a very important matter
 currently under review by the FCC. Your local telephone company has
 filed a proposal with the FCC to impose per minute charges for your
 internet service. They contend that your usage has or will hinder the
 operation of the telephone network.

 It is my belief that internet usage will diminish if users were
 required to pay additional per minute charges. The FCC has created an
 email box for your comments, responses must be received by February
 13, 1997. Send your comments to isp@fcc.gov and tell them what you
 think.

 Every phone company is in on this one, and they are trying to sneak
 it in just under the wire for litigation. Let everyone you know here
 this one. Get the e-mail address to everyone you can think of.

 isp@fcc.gov

 Please forward this email to all your friends on the internet so all
 our voices may be heard!

It's time to let them know just who is paying their salaries. Don't sit
back and be
quite on this one, SPEAK YOUR MIND, LET THEM KNOW THIS IS
BULLSHIT !!!!!!!!!!

 Just passing it along...

Brian Adrian
e-mail: chow@niven.imsweb.net