1997-02-03 - Re: PGP 2.1

Header Data

From: Marcus Butler <marcusb@wspice.com>
To: Larry Johnson <lwjohnson@grill.sk.ca>
Message Hash: c441b01e1a41fd153c6e37cd106e98230d95d82ed9bb43ddd40ba951fcd68557
Message ID: <Pine.LNX.3.95.970203134740.27081A-100000@wsp1.wspice.com>
Reply To: <199702031510.HAA25728@toad.com>
UTC Datetime: 1997-02-03 19:58:17 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 3 Feb 1997 11:58:17 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: Marcus Butler <marcusb@wspice.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 1997 11:58:17 -0800 (PST)
To: Larry Johnson <lwjohnson@grill.sk.ca>
Subject: Re: PGP 2.1

On Mon, 3 Feb 1997, Larry Johnson wrote:

> Mark Henderson wrote:
> >
> > Larry Johnson writes:
> > > Hello,
> > > Can any;one tell me how to get a version of PGP 2.1?
> > > Thanks
> > >
> > But, why do you want version 2.1?
>
> Because the guy who wrote it was let off after that on his jail
> charges, so I'm not going to use anything he made after that if
> I don't know why.
> I'm not saying that he rolled over or nothin buyt I'm gonna be
> paranoyd like he said in the book. I dont suposse he'd mind,
> since he said it.
> I'm not real smart sometimes but I'nm not a real lamer, either.
> (I don't think)

 Phillip Zimmerman never went to jail.  He was just under investigation.
If you are going to be that paranoid about things, you should not use
anything you did not write yourself, afterall, even the cypherpunks list
could be an elaborate government scheme to lull people into using PGP and
similar technologies (JJ).  Go get the source code if you are concerned
about it.

 Marcus

Thread