1997-02-04 - Re: what’s in a name?

Header Data

From: Secret Squirrel <nobody@squirrel.owl.de>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: cbed1a60a47439f9a7f40588db757e066aaefe7f65cbb84d20508bda8e3e6fa8
Message ID: <19970204065014.28319.qmail@squirrel.owl.de>
Raw Date: Mon, 3 Feb 1997 22:56:56 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: Secret Squirrel <nobody@squirrel.owl.de>
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 1997 22:56:56 -0800 (PST)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: what's in a name?

Without answering any of the points raised by Wei Dai, let
me address the subject line.

I have been a long time reader of and occasional contributor to
the cypherpunks list. Since it is high volume, I prefer not to have
it show up in my mailbox, but read it from either nntp.hks.net or
infinity.nus.sg/cypherpunks. With the recent change in status of the
list, what I get at those two places is the edited list. The same
would apply to other sublists subscribed to cypherpunks@toad.com too.
If hks and infinity started archiving the unedited list, this wouldn't
bother me so much.

Other than that, I am saddened, as much as a Tim is enraged, that
a supposedly libertarian and anarchistic group of people has decided
that censorship is the right solution to their problems.

Btw, what is with nntp.hks.net? Seems to have been down for couple
of days.

Thread