1997-02-04 - Re: VOICE STRESS ANALYSIS

Header Data

From: Sean Roach <roach_s@alph.swosu.edu>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: d0c579db2dfc1cad4c49390afa0891f9a9b7bc2d34a91ecf62ce567ac9121fa1
Message ID: <199702040015.QAA06962@toad.com>
Raw Date: Mon, 3 Feb 1997 16:15:51 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: Sean Roach <roach_s@alph.swosu.edu>
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 1997 16:15:51 -0800 (PST)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: VOICE STRESS ANALYSIS

At 08:25 PM 2/2/97 -0800, jim bell wrote:
>Awhile back we were discussing voice-stress analysis; just got this item on
>the subject; he said it's okay to post it.
>

>>From: Spectre334@aol.com
>>Date: Sun, 2 Feb 1997 09:31:17 -0500 (EST)
>>To: jimbell@pacifier.com
>>cc: BLAMES2778@aol.com, AFSCA@aol.com, JLeek426@aol.com
>>Subject: VOICE STRESS ANALYSIS
>>
>>MR. BELL:
>>
>>I FOUND YOUR QUERY ABOUT VOICE STRESS ANALYSIS ON THE INTERNET, AND I TOO,
>>HAVE FOUND A DEARTH OF INFORMATION THERE - UNTIL NOW.
>>
>>I'M PLEASED TO REPORT THAT VOICE STRESS ANALYSIS (VSA) IS ALIVE AND WELL.  IT
>>HAS BEEN QUIETLY PERFORMING IN THE SHADOW OF THE POLYGRAPH FOR MANY YEARS.
>> NOW, HOWEVER, IT IS COMING INTO ITS AND IS USED IN MANY STATES TO AID IN
>>CRIMINAL INVESTIGATIONS AND OTHER APPLICATIONS.

>>THE DIOGENES GROUP, INC., OF WHICH I AM PRESIDENT, HAS DEVELOPED A TOTALLY
>>DIGITAL APPROACH TO VSA, AND BEGAN DELIVERING SYSTEMS TO LAW ENFORCEMENT
>>AGENCIES IN DECEMBER, 1996.  THE PREMIER DIOGENES VSA PRODUCT IS REDUCED TO
>>THE SIZE OF A NOTEBOOK COMPUTER, BUT PRODUCES REALTIME PROCESSING FOR
>>SOFTCOPY DISPLAY, AND HARDCOPY PRINTING WITHIN SECONDS.
>>
>>YOU MAY BE FAMILIAR WITH THE PREVIOUS STATE-OF-THE-ART, WHICH WAS A
>>RELATIVELY LARGE ANALOG MACHINE, USING A SINGLE CHANNEL AND PRINTING OUT THAT
>>DATA ON A ROLL OF THERMAL PAPER.  THOSE DAYS ARE GONE FOREVER.
>>
>>IF YOU WOULD LIKE MORE INFORMATION ON THE DIOGENES GROUP AND ITS PRODUCTS,
>>PLEASE USE THIS CHANNEL TO SEND ME YOUR MAILING ADDRESS, PHONE NUMBER, AND
>>FAX NUMBER.
>>
>>THANKS FOR YOUR INTEREST IN VOICE STRESS ANALYSIS.
Check the Readers Guide for the last couple of years.  I don't have my
Popular Electronics collection handy, but not too long ago they put out the
plans to a smaller unit based around some Cell Phone part.  It operated on a
single frequency as opposed to a varient modulation of the voice.  This
allowed the unit to be much smaller and simpler, sacrificing some of the
accuracy for a reasonable price (PC board, parts and case available for, I
think, less than $100).  The whole unit fit in a case about the size of a
transistor radio and used a couple of bar graph displays (LED) for output.
The whole operating theory is regulary printed with the schematics, and a
parts list and foil diagrams are included for those who want to make the
project from scratch.

While your at it, look up the subliminal mixer from about 1992, I made one
of these and only prevented from using it by the lack of a decent power supply.

The single frequency mentioned above is further explained in the text.

The local library can get a copy of either of these issues, or any others
that catch your interest, for you if you ask really nicely.

Thread