1997-02-04 - Re: My Departure, Moderation, and “Ownership of the List”

Header Data

From: Dave Hayes <dave@kachina.jetcafe.org>
To: freedom-knights@jetcafe.org
Message Hash: dab27385ec62a011e7aa3dca06f7e5d79f60e24768a7cf999492b859cbf65821
Message ID: <199702042210.OAA22704@kachina.jetcafe.org>
Raw Date: Tue, 4 Feb 1997 14:10:28 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: Dave Hayes <dave@kachina.jetcafe.org>
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 1997 14:10:28 -0800 (PST)
To: freedom-knights@jetcafe.org
Subject: Re: My Departure, Moderation, and "Ownership of the List"

Steve Boursey writes:
>   Well EFF itself is a lie--the were very well exposed by Wired Mag. a
> while back as being nothing more than a corporate whore.  They represent
> the interests of owners not consumers--the ACLU has been very open
> in their critisism of the EFF in this regard.  A large corporation
> waves some money in front of their noses and tells them to bend
> over you can be sure they'll bend over.

It's not clear from where I sit that the EFF is intrinsically evil.  A
case can be argued for their initial good intentions followed by the
subsequent poisoning of this intent by people with lots of money. Of
course, -any- organization is as susceptable to infiltration as their
weakest member.

> Respectable free speech advocates do not associate with EFF.

If one is going to advocate free speech, I strongly suggest one
learns to deal with one's own greed and one's own need for power
first.
------
Dave Hayes - Altadena CA, USA - dave@jetcafe.org
Freedom Knight of Usenet - http://www.jetcafe.org/~dave/usenet

           You possess only what will not be lost in a shipwreck.

Thread