1997-02-18 - Re: Anyone have the complete info on CP list alternatives?

Header Data

From: Alan Barrett <apb@iafrica.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: dae8aab069a6a5306b0b4838519967e93fb3c8105d4bdb1c78401a343ee33a7c
Message ID: <199702181711.JAA07700@toad.com>
Raw Date: Tue, 18 Feb 1997 09:11:47 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: Alan Barrett <apb@iafrica.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 1997 09:11:47 -0800 (PST)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Anyone have the complete info on CP list alternatives?

Bryan Reece wrote:
>> obviously the message will flood the majordomo net before it floods
>> the real usenet unless something is seriously broken).

I replied:
> Why is it obvious that mail propagation will be faster than news
> propagation?  News propagation times of small numbers of seconds are
> not at all uncommon.

Sorry, I misunderstood the earlier message.  I thought that it referred
to news propagation between a small set of hosts versus mail propagation
between the same small set of mail/news hosts, and I did not see why
it was obvious that mail would be faster than news.  But actually the
earlier message refered to news propagation over the whole planet versus
mail propagation between a small set of hosts, in which case of course
news will be slower.

--apb (Alan Barrett)

Thread