1997-03-28 - ZDNet Special Report: Web Tragedy

Header Data

From: announce@lists.zdnet.com
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 0fa146f6ea49afe467b14cce72b52286c27fa604a460a902319c49a3b772b481
Message ID: <JOB.3.zd.0.announce.0.text.zdbuild.12281.03281997114346.139435@tahiti.merc.com>
Raw Date: Fri, 28 Mar 1997 12:10:53 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: announce@lists.zdnet.com
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 1997 12:10:53 -0800 (PST)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: ZDNet Special Report:  Web Tragedy

           ZDNET ANNOUNCEMENT          3/28/97

Join us today for our latest ZDNN news special report,"Web
Tragedy".

Once again, we see how the Web affects us and our culture, in ways
never foreseen. Shades of Jonestown. A mass suicide. Bizarre
enough. But even more so. Reason: Even this could be tied to the
Internet.

___"Heavens Gate" Web Site Now Accessible Via Yahoo! Internet
Life___

As the Heaven's Gate Web site continues to experience overload,
Yahoo! Internet Life has mirrored a major portion of the site for
Internet surfers looking for more information on the cult.

Heaven's Gate Web site:
http://www.zdnet.com/yil/higher/higher.html

___ ZDNet News Special Report___

Visit ZDNet News for a comprehensive news package on the suicide
of the 39 Web designers, including:  video reports, insight from
inside the Net subculture itself, perspective from cult experts, a
discussion forum and the latest news as it happens.

ZDNet News Special Report:
http://www.zdnet.com/zdnn/heavensgate

___ Yahoo! Internet Life Offers Report from Cult Experts___

Yahoo! Internet Life also offers an exclusive column by noted cult
experts Robert Siegelman and Flo Conway, who try to make sense of
the tragedy.

Cults on the Web:
http://www5.zdnet.com/yil/higher/cultcol1.html

We'll be updating these sites continually as this story unfolds.

You can leave the subject and body blank.

--To unsubscribe to ZDNet Announcements, please send mail to:
announce-off@lists.zdnet.com

You must leave the subject and body blank.