1997-03-17 - Re: Threat Model: Biowar

Header Data

From: Dale Thorn <dthorn@gte.net>
To: “Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM” <dlv@bwalk.dm.com>
Message Hash: 2802847327943b58761fada08f79d889933c9848914c70a5e98775bb7dfd93de
Message ID: <332CAFF0.1AD@gte.net>
Reply To: <2HTo4D6w165w@bwalk.dm.com>
UTC Datetime: 1997-03-17 07:14:36 UTC
Raw Date: Sun, 16 Mar 1997 23:14:36 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: Dale Thorn <dthorn@gte.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 1997 23:14:36 -0800 (PST)
To: "Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM" <dlv@bwalk.dm.com>
Subject: Re: Threat Model: Biowar

Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM wrote:
> Dale Thorn <dthorn@gte.net> writes:
> > Biowar attacks (unless giant-scale, intended to kill millions)
> > mainly affect the already-sick, very old, and very weak members
> > of the population.  This is, of course, a favored plan for fascist
> > persons such as the woman who founded Planned Parenthood, George
> > Bush, the Harrimans, Shockley, etc., but nearly useless to target
> > dissidents and "crypto anarchists".

> If medicare or social security get too expensive, an epidemic targeting
> the elderly would be good for the economy. I did a little work with
> (biological) viruses under the late Lou Auslander and the technology
> available 12 years ago was pretty amazing. I'm sure they can do more now.

The analogies from bio-viruses to computer equivalents is interesting
in a crypto-anarchic context.  Be nice to hear more on this.

Thread