1997-03-12 - Re: Subject: Anonymous Nymserver: anon.nymserver.com

Header Data

From: “William H. Geiger III” <whgiii@amaranth.com>
To: an7575@anon.nymserver.com
Message Hash: 2e806f063769ce9d781ea52d2cb7478d84f1339963bb80e6c07081db2b1e7978
Message ID: <199703111957.TAA07938@mailhub.amaranth.com>
Reply To: <199703120047.RAA13604@shaman.lycaeum.org>
UTC Datetime: 1997-03-12 01:52:34 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 11 Mar 1997 17:52:34 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: "William H. Geiger III" <whgiii@amaranth.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 1997 17:52:34 -0800 (PST)
To: an7575@anon.nymserver.com
Subject: Re: Subject: Anonymous Nymserver: anon.nymserver.com

--Boundary..3952.1071713687.multipart/signed

In <199703120047.RAA13604@shaman.lycaeum.org>, on 03/11/97 at 06:47 PM,
   an7575@anon.nymserver.com said:

>Kevin McCurry pretended to ask:

>I would appreciate any information on the trustworthiness/security of the
>below named individuals and service. Please, friends, spare me the
>gratuitous remarks about Sameer, etc., that's not the issue inthis case.

>  Why are you asking for information on these people and
>then stating that you don't want 'certain types' of
>information on Sameer and others?
>  Are you connected in some way to these people, perhaps,
>and just fishing for compliments that will be supplied
>by the prepared responses of others?

>  Allow me to give my 'unprepared' response in regard to
>remailers in general, since you seem to be seeking only
>a one-sided viewpoint about the individuals involved.

>  Firstly, remailers were developed by the cypherpunks as
>a method of monitoring supposedly private communications
>of others, in order to increase their own power and wealth.
>  The communications passing through them remain private
>and anonymous only to those who aren't running them (or who
>haven't compromised the system).

>  Secondly, the few remailers that aren't contolled by a
>small elite within the cypherpunks come and go rather
>quickly.

>  Thirdly, the remailer owners only support compromised
>cryptography systems such as the newer versions of PGP
>produced by All-my-charges-mysteriously-disappeared-
>when-I-agreed-to-switch-to-a-new-system Zimmerman.

>  If you want true anonymity, learn how to hack.

>TruthMonger

What a crock of shit!

Do you have any *PROOF* of your accusations or perhaps you are YAGS here
too spread more lies and dissinformation?

**YAGS: Yet Another Government Stooge.

William H. Geiger III  http://www.amaranth.com/~whgiii

Finger whgiii@amaranth.com for PGP Key and other info

Tag-O-Matic: OS/2: Your brain.  Windows: Your brain on drugs.

--Boundary..3952.1071713687.multipart/signed

LS0tLS1CRUdJTiBQR1AgTUVTU0FHRS0tLS0tClZlcnNpb246IDIuNi4yCkNv
bW1lbnQ6IFJlZ2lzdGVyZWQgVXNlciBFLVNlY3VyZSB2MS4xIEVTMDAwMDAw
CgppUUNWQXdVQU15WU1aNDlDbzFuK2FMaGhBUUVHSUFRQXlQMEhORThxU01J
VTVKWTJvb2xLbko5QkxLc2FKUHlQCjV4VW0yZTNsTGVNSVV6UTd3d3hzaEtH
Wk1Hc281dElIR2lweElBZklxWUNXeXJGWk4zbDZ4ZElINVBoZ2swa2EKUERX
T1dPb2ZhS20wbmlzbmgwVmpVbVRzY0x0RzlKUDJlYTExaDdFbG1BR1d3TXRG
aWlNcy9Zb3YxVnRaTmdhdAo5RG0xMnAvdHVnZz0KPWQ3cmwKLS0tLS1FTkQg
UEdQIE1FU1NBR0UtLS0tLQ==
--Boundary..3952.1071713687.multipart/signed--

Thread