1997-03-29 - Re: Microsoft ammunition (fwd)

Header Data

From: snow <snow@smoke.suba.com>
To: hallam@ai.mit.edu (Hallam-Baker)
Message Hash: 451864f48d4ace2300a5b7d957cfdae4387695be7e850f68f88dbcc5951f219c
Message ID: <199703290221.UAA02530@smoke.suba.com>
Reply To: <333C24B0.41C6@ai.mit.edu>
UTC Datetime: 1997-03-29 01:59:39 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 28 Mar 1997 17:59:39 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: snow <snow@smoke.suba.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 1997 17:59:39 -0800 (PST)
To: hallam@ai.mit.edu (Hallam-Baker)
Subject: Re: Microsoft ammunition (fwd)

> I have yet to see a single Java applet that has the slightest
> functional utility. I like Java as a language, particularly
> because it has killed C++ stone dead just as everyone thought
> it had taken over the world. I don't see that anyone has done

	Really, tell that to the market. There are still a _hell_ of a
lot of people making a living programing in C++, and a lot of
companies hiring C++ programmers.

> I think the future of computing is much more likely to lie in
> returning to simple but powerfull ideas. Presentation types,
> parallel languages and genuine process oriented object systems
> interest me much more.

	The future of Computing is more dazzling chrome to capture the
slack jawed, glaze eyed masses.

Thread